KMR Sport’s Tom Mills carried over his Thursday testing form into Friday, as he lowered his record-breaking benchmark in the first session of the day at Donington Park.
The championship leader’s time of 1m26.983s was almost nine tenths of a second faster than yesterday’s pace, but he had to fight for it as Josh Irfan, Cooper Webster and Colin Queen all lapped faster than yesterday’s fastest time too.
Mills ended up 0.128s clear of Elite’s Irfan, who had gone top late on, as had Fortec’s Queen before Mills pumped in two late flying laps.
Evans GP’s Webster put in a late lap of his own to go ahead of Queen in the classification, with the top-four covered by exactly half a second.
The second KMR car of Jeremy Fairbairn was fifth fastest, 0.147s clear of Fox Motorsport’s Liam McNeilly in sixth, with Fortec’s Ruhaan Alva and Elite’s Harri Reynolds less than a tenth behind.
McNeilly’s teammate Sid Smith was 0.039s away from Reynolds, and three tenths of a second clear of Graham Brunton Racing’s Harry Burgoyne Jnr, who completed the top-10.
A total of 16 cars participated in the session, with Reynolds, Aditya Kulkarni (Fortec) and Dylan Hotchin all enjoying their first action of the week. Arden continued to run a car for Leon Wilson, who registered the 14th quickest time.
The second session of the day at Donington Park is due to commence at 13.40.
GB4 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Donington Park Friday test session one result:
1. Tom Mills, KMR Sport, 1m26.983s
2. Josh Irfan, Elite Motorsport, +0.128s
3. Cooper Webster, Evans GP, +0.466s
4. Colin Queen, Fortec Motorsport, +0.500s
5. Jeremy Fairbairn, KMR Sport, +1.122s
6. Liam McNeilly, Fox Motorsport, +1.269s
7. Ruhaan Alva, Fortec Motorsport, +1.306s
8. Harri Reynolds, Elite Motorsport, +1.361s
9. Sid Smith, Fox Motorsport, +1.400s
10. Harry Burgoyne Jnr, +1.784s
11. Jack Clifford, KMR Sport, +1.802s
12. Kai Daryanani, Evans GP, +1.874s
13. Aditya Kulkarni, Fortec Motorsport, +2.869s
14. Leon Wilson, Arden, +3.310s
15. Thomas Lee, Evans GP, +5.085s
16. Dylan Hotchin, Dylan Hotchin Racing, +5.366s