KMR Sport’s Tom Mills lapped just 0.001s slower than his record-breaking time from this morning, as the 18-year-old topped the times again in the second session at Donington Park.
This time around, his margin wasn’t quite as large, just 0.069s quicker than Evans GP’s Cooper Webster, with both contenders setting their best laps inside the final five minutes after a mid-session red flag.
The top two were three tenths of a second clear of Fortec’s Colin Queen, who in turn was a tenth faster than Elite’s Josh Irfan. Fox Motorsport’s Liam McNeilly ensured that the top-five spaces were filled by five different teams.
Fortec’s Ruhaan Alva and KMR’s Jeremy Fairbairn were the final driver within a second of the outright pace, with the latter enjoying a more productive test in session two.
Fox Motorsport’s Sid Smith was eighth ahead of KMR’s Jack Clifford, with Graham Brunton Racing’s Harry Burgoyne Jnr completing the top-10 ahead of debutant Kai Daryanani.
The final session of the day is due to commence at 16.50.
GB4 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Donington Park Thursday session two result:
1. Tom Mills, KMR Sport, 1m27.872s
2. Cooper Webster, Evans GP, +0.069s
3. Colin Queen, Fortec Motorsport, +0.371s
4. Josh Irfan, Elite Motorsport, +0.487s
5. Liam McNeilly, Fox Motorsport, +0.745s
6. Ruhaan Alva, Fortec Motorsport, +0.948s
7. Jeremy Fairbairn, KMR Sport, +0.980s
8. Sid Smith, Fox Motorsport, +1.252s
9. Jack Clifford, KMR Sport, +1.771s
10. Harry Burgoyne, KMR Sport, +2.079s
11. Kai Daryanani, Evans GP, +2.818s
12. Thomas Lee, Evans GP, +8.969s